Green Chili Enchiladas
(from salad-in-a-jar)
Ingredients:
3/4 pound ground beef
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp chili powder
salt & pepper to taste
flour tortillas
1.5 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
Sauce:
3 TBSP butter
3 TBSP flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups skim milk
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
Direction:
Brown ground beef. Drain excess grease. Add onions and garlic and saute 2 more minutes. Add chili powder, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Assembling enchiladas:
Place generous amount of meat/veggie mixture (1/4-1/3 cup). Add cheese (I eyeballed this). Roll up and place seam side down in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Prepare remaining tortillas in the same manner. Any remaining meat or cheese can be sprinkled on top or sides of enchiladas.
Making sauce:
Melt butter in non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add flour and stir until bubbly. Whisk in milk. Continue stirring until mixture is slightly thickened. Add green chilies and remove from heat.
Pour sauce over enchiladas and cover with foil. Heat in a 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
Here's what I would change:
- I'd use 1 lb of ground beef or 2 cups of shredded cooked chicken (add to sauteed onions and garlic).
- I'd use 1/2 of the onion as I thought it was way too much onion (personal preference).
- I'd use 1.5 tsp of chili powder
- I'd add minced garlic & 1/2 cup of shredded cheese to the sauce.
No comments:
Post a Comment