NOW, I wish that was all he did. At least, I'd have an answer. On Monday, I found out that Tyler (my 19 year old) has either failed or withdrawn from every (yes, EVERY) class he's taken since high school. The lies and deceit went so far as forged transcripts with A's and B's on them for the classes he was supposed to be taking over the last 18 months. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? After the immediate knee-jerk reaction to grab him by his ear and drag him home passed, everything was taken away from him including computer, cell phone, books, etc. He was left with clothes, bed, clock and school books. His response when confronted with this news was that he never wanted to go to college anyway and that his plan was to get a job and pay all of the contributors (his father and I split his tuition and his grandmother pays for his books) back with a statement of "I never wanted this. Here's your money back." UGH!!!
So, he signed a contract with Kye and I that basically treats him like a 10 year old because that, to us, is how he has been acting. His "grand plan" is to move to Canada to live with his boyfriend and his boyfriend is going to pay for his passport & transportation and sponsor him to find work. Um, no. He may move to Canada but he will finish this semester first (that HE committed to Monday night...we offered to withdraw him) and get a job that will afford him his own money for this endeavor....after he pays everyone back, mind you.
I swear... kids!!! I thought he was my good one and my youngest (13 year old girl) would be my thorn. Please let the universe take pity on us with the next one!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment